Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sugar Pills And Magic Kisses

Little Man has had an upset tummy and a low-grade fever for a few days now and it has been such a challenge comforting someone who can't communicate. After trying seemingly everything under the sun, we finally found a position that worked to soothe his aching tummy better than mommy's kisses and snuggles. As I reflect back on this week and the frustration I felt at not being able to take away his discomfort, I not only appreciate my parents in a new way, I have a new appreciation for God as my Heavenly Father. What an amazing realization to experience parental love and understand the love that God had for His Son and that He willingly GAVE that son to be offered as a sacrifice for us. I praise God for the way that He uses my son to draw me closer to Him and pray that He will continue to reveal truth in the journey of parenthood.

No comments: