Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Hurry Up And Slow Down

For weeks Travis and I have been concerned with Little Man's progress, or lack there of, and then this week it is like someone turned on a light switch in his head and he realized, "Hey, these 5 sticks on the end of my hands can actually be used to do stuff!" Suddenly he is picking things up between his finger and thumb, his eye/hand coordination is right on track and he doesn't want any help holding his bottle or sippie cup. What happened? Overnight he became a little boy who no longer wanted mommy's help. All of this time I've been anxious for him to catch up and as soon as he started showing signs that he was on track I realized that he is growing up and I'm not so sure I want him to! For now, I'm going to try and enjoy each and every phase he is in, whether or not it is on track developmentally.

No comments: