Thursday, October 19, 2006

On His Way

Ever since Little Man took those first three steps he has slowly been moving closer and closer to walking 'full time'. Today the teacher from his Mother's Day Out program shared with me that he has been driving all the other kiddos crazy because he crawls along behind them then tries to pull up on them! Tonight he took 19 steps in a row, then 22, then 25 and on and on and on as Nana, Pop and I clapped in excitement. I watched in awe as he stood from a sitting position without reaching out to pull up on anything. I thought back to this afternoon when I watched him crawl up in his rocking chair and sit down to watch his PraiseBaby video and as I began to look at the pictures I had taken I realized how much he is beginning to look like a little boy, not a baby anymore. I am shell shocked...it all goes so fast....so very fast.

2 comments:

Christopher Green said...

Don't blink... 15 is right around the corner! Filling every day full of love won't slow down the clock but it will make each "tick" of it more bearable.

Happy motherhood to you!

Bethany said...

Way to go Little Man! I hope mom and dad are getting in shape for the constant chasing that is about to begin!
My sisters and I had a rocker just like that when we were little. Our Popaw made it for us. We still have it in the garage for our little ones someday.

Love you all!
-Bhall