Sunday, August 19, 2007

Pop

Have you ever noticed that being around kids makes you feel and act so much younger? I've always noticed it but never so much as when my dad plays with Little Man. My dad is an incredibly hard worker and has spent most of his adult life in various grueling manual labor type jobs (roofing, construction, general management, etc.). He is very likely the strongest man I've ever known in real life and one of the few people that I wish would take more breaks and rest for fear that a body can only do so much work before giving out and yet he continues to work and work and work. Everything I know about work ethic, I learned from my dad.

Why did I tell you all of this? Well, first of all, it is true. Second because it helps you understand the way I see my dad and understand why I get so tickled to see him on the floor playing with my son as if were 5 years old again and could actually fit into the box he is hiding in. Thank God for grandpas, especially Little Man's "Pop".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely precious!! Nothing sweeter than watching a Pop with his grandson. My boys have a Pops and wouldn't trade it for the world.