Saturday, April 26, 2008

At Home

My apologies to all of you (aka "both") who faithfully read my blog. It has been an eventful 2 weeks.
I am currently at home on bed rest after another, yes my third, stint in Labor and Delivery. I was quite surprised to show up for my regular appointment on Thursday and and find out I had made some significant strides towards 'being ready to deliver' and was sent to L&D for more tests, a couple of rounds of steroids (for the baby's lungs) and some anti-contraction medication. I was kept in L&D for just over 48 hours before I was discharged to full HOME bed rest. It has been an interesting couple of days and I am not thrilled about bed rest but I'll take home bed rest over hospital bed rest any day of the week. I'm also told that the goal is just to get me to 35 weeks, for now, so 2 weeks is really not that bad.

Little Man was such an angel and not at all afraid of the hospital. He was quite the flirt and spent most of his time working the nurses for candy and juice. Once he figured out that the "food room" was just down the hall he started asking me constantly, "Mommy, want juice? Want cracker? I get it!" and then he would run toward the door with daddy chasing him. Fortunately, he is perfectly happy with his "garage" of tiny cars and a large windowsill which allowed me a lot of quality time with my boys and helped stave off the boredom.
So for now I am just hanging out at home trying to keep this sweet little girl baking for 2 more weeks and am once again VERY grateful for a job that can be done offsite.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was getting ready to call you. The longer you went between posts, the more I was starting to worry. I am so sorry that you are back on bed rest, but so grateful that you are doing well and the end is rapidly approaching. Can't wait to see her!
Jexxa

Holly said...

Glad to see an update. We'll be praying that your little girl stays put! Maybe it's time to start a series that you haven't watched... have you already exhausted Alias, 24, and Lost? Hang in there - Love, Holly

Hollie Reese said...

It is about time!!!! You look great! Little Man is not looking so little anymore! Hang in there!!!!!

The Morgan Family said...

Thanks for posting on my blog! Glad you still visit even though it's been dormant for awhile! I'm getting back into the blogging routine and am very excited about it! I am so sorry to hear about the bed rest order, BUT you have a precious little girl to focus on! I was so excited to read your post awhile back stating it was a GIRL! I was thinking PINK all along! I will be praying for you and Baby Girl to remain comfortable and healthy...And I'll be praying for Little Man, as well!

Anonymous said...

Personall, I think it would be much funnier to see a bed setup in your office...

Bethany said...

I'm so glad you're home (and glad you took time to update us!) and glad that little girl has stayed put so far. Hang in there and I'll be praying for all of you!

The Family said...

Thanks for the update. Sorry to see you're on bedrest. I was on bedrest for quite a bit of my pregnancy, and I understand how that can be frustrating. Your little girl will be here soon!!!