Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Stop Being Such A Baby

I now fully understand and appreciate the phrase "being such a baby". My baby is currently experiencing his first virus with earache and is so much more needy than I ever imagined possible. After three very long hours late last night I finally discovered the ONE position that would stop the crying....wet washcloth on forehead, flat on mommy's chest, pacifier in mouth while rocking. Remove ANY of the previous from the equation and a total meltdown will ensue. I have rocked more in the past 18 hours than I have in my entire life. Luckily my laptop works nicely in my lap and between 1:45 this morning and 9:30 (when daddy got home from the firestation) I played 266 games of spider solitaire...and lost every single one...no lie. Did I mention that my little angel shared his lovely virus with me? After 24 hours of lung shattering coughs, ferocious headaches, and a sick, crying baby I have decided that I need someone to rock me...what a baby.

No comments: