Thursday, January 25, 2007

Woof! Woof!

We are finally back to normal in the Block household; Little Man is over all of the crud and Trav is taking horomones that should have him back to normal in no time. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for Trav and following up on his progress.

This afternoon I arrived home and found that Little Man's Pop had finished his custom-made doghouse bed and installed it in his new room to surprise us all! The bed looks so great that Pop is considering selling some beds on the internet so if you know anyone who would be interested let me know!

Thirteen months seems waaaay too soon to move Little Man into a big boy bed, we know, but for the past few weeks he has been pulling himself up on the siderail of the crib and then balancing his head, shoulders and stomach over the edge. The crib is a the lowest setting, the bar is all the way up and there is nothing in his crib that he can use to stand on to get up on the bar so we have no idea how he is doing it but it is dangerous enough that we'd rather him fall from a short bed than from a crib. Pop is still building the railing for the bed (to keep him from rolling off of the bed) and Nana is making him a puppy dog quilt but it won't be long before we are moving him into his "big boy" room.

This weekend Little Man's Grandma Block is coming in to town to spend some time with him. Grandpa Block bought her tickets to visit Little Man every other month for the entire year! Trav and I are excited because we get to go on a date Saturday night while Grandma Block babysits - woo hoo!!

P.S. My dad is considering designing a few custom bed models for sale and I'm trying to help him think of theme ideas (castle, doll house, boat, etc.) If you have any ideas let me know!

4 comments:

Sarah W. said...

This is Ashlie's friend in Kansas.

I want to do my son's big boy room in like a log cabin/rustic theme. I am getting him twin size bunkbeds. This is not a hint to make me some (though, I sure wouldnt mind paying him to do it! LOL), but just to give you an idea!! Pop could make the bed a little rougher looking, if you know what i mean.

Little Man is SO cute.

Hollie Reese said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is the cutest bed ever! I am going to have to remember your dad when we move Riley...we can put him to work! The room looks great!

Alison said...

His room is adorable! I love it!! I think some cute idea's for different beds would be a train or car or even an animal like an elephant. I'll be ready for a cute little bed for Trent when he's ready :-)

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the headboard your dad made for you when we lived in the apartment. The space was limited, but I so enjoyed when it was just the two of us.

Jex