Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Adventures in Babysitting...


Uncle Jordan and Little Man clean the floor the fun way!

While Mom and Dad are on a week-long cruise, I (Aunt Ash) get to keep Little Man and play pretend “mommy”. It has been a very busy week so far with a few surprises along the way.


It all started the first morning when I arrived at 6:00 a.m. so that mom and dad could leave. Later, I heard him crying via the baby monitor. As I approached the closed door of his room, the crying got noticeably louder. I turned the knob to slowly open the door, but it wouldn’t budge. I pressed on the door a little more, only to realize that he was prostrate on the floor with his lips pressed under the door so that his crying could be heard and he could be rescued from his room.

As I opened the door, he cried out, “Momma” while getting up. I scooped him into my arms as he giggled with delight then pulled back in alarm when he realized I was, in fact, not Momma. He recovered quickly, though, and we had a good morning.

Later in the day, as we were grocery shopping, I noticed that he was sneezing quite a bit. I was concerned that he might be getting sick on my watch. However, at one point, I sneezed, which caused a shopper nearby to say, “Bless you.” He giggled and then sneezed himself. I realized that all along, he had been “fake sneezing”. This became our new game. I would fake sneeze and he would throw his head back and giggle, then follow mine with a few fake sneezes of his own, complete with forward head-throw, a stream of spit, and a gurgle of giggling.


We now play this every day (his initiation). Needless to say, this is a game I tire of long before he does. It is worth it, though, to hear that giggle!


1 comment:

Hollie Reese said...

I am glad things are going good! Please call if you need anything!!!