Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Spot of My Own

Growing up we had an awesome vegetable garden out behind our house full of corn, radishes, peas, okra, and cantelope. I can remember many a time swinging out on the tire swing underneath our pecan tree watching my mom work in the garden. For the past few years I've been telling Trav about my desire to have a garden of my own and I usually get the sideways look that means, "Great, another bee in her bonnet". As a compromise, I promised him that I would actually GROW something from a seed before attempting an actual vegetable garden. I did cheat a bit and buy an existing tomato vine but I have been nurturing my flower bed since I planted SEEDS nearly two months ago. While the tomato vine has been yielding fruit steadily (Little Man is a big fan), the flower bed didn't begin boasting flowers until this past week. I have been "cleared" to begin preparing the soil for next spring. Yipppeeeee! Anyone have any tips???

No comments: