Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Unexpected

This weekend Little Man and I flew down to Houston to visit my sister and help her register for her upcoming baby shower. While the adults enjoyed the registration process, the highlight for Little Man was definitely the plane rides. Thursday morning he woke up and the first word out of his mouth was, "Airplane?" followed by, "Ashlie?" I did the math and figured out that this returning flight was either his 22 or 24th flight of his life (I am not positive) and it is clear he is an expert when it comes to flying, here are the highlights...

Watching the bags go up the ramp...


"Mom, leave me alone I 'm busy!"

Checkin' out the cute girl in the seat behind us....

Getting a better look...

A little in-flight reading of the safety instructions....
(he even pointed to the pictures making crash sounds and saying "weee" at the man sliding down the emergency slide")

Playing in the couch fort with Uncle J
Our trip was cut short when my dad was taken to the hospital late friday night because of an allergic reaction to some medication. Trav called and told us that my mom was sick, my little sis was in town with her friends and my dad was in the emergency room and Ashlie and I decided we needed to be home. Dad is doing better now but we had a pretty good scare and it was nice to spend some time together as a family, minus Adam (missed you Bud).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new addition! When is the arrival ;)

Meagan said...

I'll pass on your congrats! She is due in late March. :)

Robert and Kelli said...

He really is so cute! Hope you are having a great week! Rob and I will be in town next month and I would love to see you!! I'll let you know the dates when we finalize everything.

Meagan said...

Thanks Kelli!

Sounds great! I'd love to meet your man - keep us posted and we'll work something out.

Meg

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Ash! That's so exciting! Sorry it was a scary week. How's your dad now? I hope he's doing better and things are back to normal. Thanks for more pictues of Little Man!
-Bhall