Tuesday, December 18, 2007

We're Back!

Little Man and I took a trip to Houston this week to keep my sis company while on bed rest. Little Man was quite the entertainer and kept himself occupied with Christmas boxes, forts, and running and up down the stairs (supervised, of course). Ashlie is doing great. She has reached week 26 (2 weeks past viability) and is now on bed rest at home under the supervision of a home health care nurse. Hunter is doing great and so far all of his tests have come out with positive results so the goal is just to keep him in until week 32 at the earliest. Please keep her in your prayers.

Little Man is finally starting to understand that the large MASS on the front of my body is for a purpose. He told me last night that he wanted to snuggle with the baby ("Ina snunnle baby, momma")and put his head in my lap, kissed my tummy and wrapped his arms around the "baby". My favorite thing about this so far has to be when we brought home the DVD from the sonogram. I was showing it to my mom and pointing out the various parts of the baby and didn't realized Little Man was watching. Later that evening he said he wanted to see the baby and pointed to the DVD player. I turned it on and he stood on the chair pointing to the picture saying "Nose, eye, arm, leg". Granted he was no where near close, it was just neat to see that he was trying to participate even though I doubt he REALLY knows what it all means. It is fun.

1 comment:

Hollie Reese said...

I am glad you posted, I have been wondering how Ashlie is doing! That is great you are close enough to go and help out.
We miss that little man! I hope next time you come we can see you!
Keep up with those belly pictures!