Thursday, January 22, 2009

My favorite kind of post...

The other day LM was hanging out in my office while I tied up a few loose ends. He found an orange in my purse and asked if he could have it. I told him that he would have to wait until we got home because it was too messy. A few minutes passed and I noticed he was really quiet so I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Just drinking my juice" I walked over to him and he said, "See mommy? Now it not messy!"

Some more highlights.....

Riding in the car home from the grocery store....
LM: Mommy, can we eat lunch at Chick fiway?
Me: No buddy, I didn't bring money for that.
LM: Oh butter
Me: Oh butter???
LM: Yeah, I am sad.
Me: Do you mean BuMMer?
LM: Yeah! Butter!


At the end of time out I call LM over to me to talk about why he was in time out...
Me: Little Man, come talk to mommy
LM: Not yet mommy (continues crying)
Me: I want to talk to you
LM: But I not done being ugly yet.

Riding in the car he asks to hear a story and I tell him the story of David and Goliath (the G rated version). When the story is over he sits there silently for several minutes...
Me: Whatcha thinking about buddy? Did you like the story?
LM: No
Me: Really!?!? Why not?
LM: Mom, dats not a good story. You're not supposed to throw rocks and you are not supposed to kill people.

2 comments:

AshlieB said...

Priceless...I love that you are getting this documented, like dad always says we should.

Anonymous said...

It just occured to me how much your son he really is... maybe he can find the butter man for you???

Jessica