Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day 101

Today was such a special day; not only was it my first Mother's Day, it was Baby Dedication Day at our church.

The church service was wonderful and only made better by the dedication ceremony. It was special to celebrate all of the new babies born to our church in the past year (more than 15 in all) and to know that Little Man will be growing up with the babies celebrated today. Little Man slept through the ceremony but was all smiles when we stopped by Grandma Fletta's house after church.


As if the day weren't perfect already, we joined Nana, Pop, Uncle Bud, and Aunt Hay for a Mother's Day lunch with Meme and Papa. It was wonderful because Daddy and Pop made lunch and Uncle Bud handled all the clean-up! It was so nice to hang out with the family; Little Man is so blessed to be able to snuggle 5 of his grandparents in one day!

After lunch, Little Man and I took a nice long Sunday afternoon nap together on Nana and Pop's comfy couch (daddy snapped a picture just before Little Man dozed off).

Tonight I started thinking about the challenge of raising a man of God in a world that will work against me at every turn. I thought about the relatives, friends and church members who will have an impact on the man he will become and suddenly I was overwhelmed with the sense of blessing that comes from hearing men and women of God verbally commit to supporting us in the journey. I don't know if I'll get the chance to reap the fruit of the seeds sowed in my son's life, I just pray that the decisions we make will bring forth blessing.

"Remind me of this with every decision.
Generations will reap what I sow.
I can pass on a curse or a blessing to those I will never know."
Sara Groves, Generations

No comments: