Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Week (Part Two)

Our little family has finally been reunited!!! Travis joined superman (pic) and the family on Friday morning, just in time for the Thanksgiving feast and we were incredibly grateful to have the whole family together in one place. Little Man was generally unimpressed with the food and resisted everything but sweet potatoes, dressing and pumkin pie (a man after my own heart).


If you had trouble being thankful this holiday weekend, be thankful you weren't in the same house as all of us...shortly after our feast the family began to fall apart one by one...I threw my back out, my sister and her husband caught the flu, Little Man came down with rotavirus, my mom injured her hip, and my other sister came down with some kind of stomach bug. Not sure what went wrong but it went wrong in so many ways!


On a more positive note, check out the curls on Little Man! We've discovered lots of Little Man's new skills this week including an increased vocabulary (in choronological order):

1. Mama
2. Daisy (day-dee)
3. Don't (doht)
4. Bye-bye (ba-ba)
5. Dada

Other new fun discoveries include Little Man dancing everytime he hears music, clapping for everything from a diaper change to naptime, climbing stairs every chance he gets and his first soccer lesson from daddy (see video).

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Thanks for the fun updates and video! I'm so glad Travis is able to spend time with you again. How are his eye and your back?

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love reading about your precious family!! So thankful Travis is back in the fam!! The video of litle man is priceless, reminds me of a few yrs. back when Dave and I were doing 'soccer' w/ our boys. 'Soccer' at our house today consists of many different things...football, ipods, girls, great jokes and hours of game playing. At any age, it is the very best of times. Thanks for sharing your sweet family, hope everyone is BETTER. Am praying Travis is tons better.
KAbston

Meagan said...

Bethany -

Trav hasn't improved at all and will head back to the doctor in the morning. My back hurts and is having a hard time healing because I am chasing an 11 month old but it is nothing like what Trav is going through. Did you guys have a good Tgiving?

Meg

Meagan said...

Thanks Alison!