Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Big Brother

One of my favorite parts of becoming a parent again has been watching my little baby boy become a big brother. Little Man l-o-v-e-s his little sister so much more than I ever imagined and it is such a joy watching him care for his little sister. The picture below is so typical of Little Man; I can't tell you the number of times in a day he asks to hold June Bug or snuggle with her. I'll look back when we are riding in the car and find him grinning at her or holding her hand but the best of these moments are the times when he will randomly kiss her head and say, "I love you so much, June Bug." Mmmmm that is good stuff.

The other day I was getting June Bug dressed and put this cute little polo shirt and shorts on her and was complaining to Trav that she didn't have a bow to match. I said, "I can't put her in a polo without a bow, people will think she is a boy." Little Man, who was playing on the floor below us piped up, "June Bug not boy. June Bug my princess girl."

3 comments:

Hollie Reese said...

Okay, so now that is the cutest thing I have ever seen!

I am thinking girl....surely it will be this time!!!!

Anonymous said...

That picture makes my heart melt!
-Bhall

My2Gs said...

That is sooo sweet! I love watching my little girl love on her baby brother :)
~ Lacie