Sunday, November 09, 2008

We're Back :(

Our family took a little camping trip this weekend with friends from church. It is a trip that we make twice a year so Little Man really looks forward to our camping trips but this one was June Bug's first. I think this face sums up her weekend nicely :)The weather was brisk in the day time and down right COLD at night but the 4 of us were huddled in a very small tent with lots of blankets and snuggles so we made it work with only a little bit of wind burn on our cheeks.
Little Man had such a fun time "catching" aka fishing with Pop. He didn't actually CATCH anything but he really liked the worms and throwing the lines. We also made a trip up to the docks to watch the ranger do a demonstration that ended with a live snake catching and eating a live mouse. I wasn't sure how Little Man would handle the mouse's demise but he really enjoyed it.The highlight of my trip was napping in the hammock with JB and then napping in the tent with a kiddo in each arm and a dog in my lap (photo coming from a friend soon, ha).Both kiddos were very disappointed to return home. How do I know JB was disappointed? When we got home this afternoon she was completely inconsolable, crying a really mad cry and after about 30 minutes of trying every trick in the book I simply walked outside - blessed silence followed by a "coo". That's my girl!

4 comments:

Alison said...

It looks like ya'll had a good time!! Just in case you haven't been told before but you sure have some cute kids :-)

Candie said...

Of course, I love the camping pics. I'm a camper girl trapped in a big city school teacher body! I kept reading and saw your gymnastics post! I love it! We'll be out of town this weekend again...camping/hunting. When is my deadline to order on the pics? I love them! I just need to calculate who all I need them for and then sit down and make the order.

Jodi said...

I am so sad our session didn't work out, but I am glad you got to have a relaxing weekend instead! :) I PROMISE we will get with you soon!! Your little girl is the cutest thing ever!! Spencer has that same hat in a boy version. It is my favorite! Take Care!!

The Family said...

the picture of LM and Grandpa could be in a photo book. Well done!