Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Big boy!

Our little man has been toying with the idea of potty training since last September when we traveled with one of his good friends who was nearing the end of his potty training. For the past few months it has been a novelty that he was willing to try, albeit unsuccessfully, on random occasions. A few weeks ago we decided to really give it a try because the thought of having two kiddos in diapers at the same time is just about enough to do me in. It took a week for him to get the hang of things but it all seemed to really click right about the time we went to visit my sister in Houston. Since then he has been great about going once we put him on the potty but was still very dependent upon us to ask him.

This week, however, we implemented the "Potty Chart", complete with stickers and a final prize for completing the chart. We took a trip to Walmart and let him pick a movie he has never seen before (Dumbo) and for 2 days straight he has been initiating all trips and attempts on the potty. This afternoon he completed the chart and when mommy got home from work we had a movie party complete with popcorn. It was a HUGE hit and he is already wanting to start another chart (this time it will be 101 Dalmations). Here is to hoping all of this work will stick!

Showing mommy all of his hard work


So proud!
When he jumped up and yelled, "I DID IT!"

Our little movie party

Oh and here I am at 24 weeks! I went to the perinatologist this week and he said that our baby girl is measuring a week ahead and is around 1lb 12 oz. The doctor compared all of my measurements to the last ultrasound that I had and said that I was actually doing better and better and that he could see very clear evidence of the injections working (I'll spare you the TMI details). We are thrilled!

4 comments:

Hollie Reese said...

too cute! That was Riley's same potty chart! We are proud of him! We loved seeing you guys. Riley is still talking about it!

Anonymous said...

Yeay Little Man!! I missed seeing him when ya'll came to Houston...stupid hospital rules. He looks so big and so much older!

Alison said...

I'll be calling you for some potty training pointers :-) You look so cute!! I'm happy every is going so well for you and your little one!

Anonymous said...

Obviously the potty chart is not part of my immediate future, but
I'll be asking about it later! It looks like fun. You look wonderful, so glad this pregnancy is going so well.

Jexxa