Monday, May 26, 2008

Beautiful Weather

So my darling husband bought me my very first dSLR for mother's day/birthday and I have been taking some photography classes learning all about the art of photography. I also participate in an online training program that has reading assignments along with homework and group analysis, etc. Yesterday I had an assignment on depth of field (really boring if you aren't into photography) and I decided to use my kiddos in the project. The bonus is that I get to capture some really sweet moments in the meantime. Hope you enjoy. :)

Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - those are great! I'm impressed - and what wonderful subjects to be your models!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I am jealous. I have had my eye on a Nikon D40X forever, I just haven't become rich yet.

Great pictures! I probably would just waste a good SLR camera.

Anonymous said...

Amazing pictures! Doesn't hurt that the models are so adorable!

Robert and Kelli said...

These are wonderful! Rob just got me a dSLR for my birthday as well! Where are you taking classes? I've been trying to find some in the Dallas area.

Hollie Reese said...

Those are great! We want a photo shoot!

The Family said...

First,
Congrats on the new baby girl!!!

Second, wonderful pictures!!!

What did you get? Canon? Nikon?

I just got a Canon 30D and am loving it!

So tell me, what software are you using for the post-production? I'm in the market.

Stephanie

Meagan said...

Thanks Stephanie!

He bought me a Nikon D200...it was a little scary at first but I am LOVING it now!

As for the postprocessing, I use Adobe Camera Raw to address any white balance and exposure issues and then I do the "fancy" stuff in Photoshop. If Photoshop runs too expensive, Photoshop Elements can do almost all of the cool things that the full blown version can do. Email me if you wanna talk photogtraphy! mblock@hocc.org

Meg

Nicole said...

great photos! you'll be a pro before you know it!