Saturday, May 17, 2008

Big brother

Our little man finally got to meet his baby sister. He was a little nervous at first but it only took a moment before he jumped up in my bed and asked to hold her. He was so sweet and gentle, stroking her hair, wrapping her fingers around his thumb and tickling her toes. He used this really cute high pitched voice when he talked to her and asked all kinds of questions as he snuggled and loved on her with kisses and hugs.

Thank heaven for big brothers

Travis and I gave him a big brother present that is kind of like a "doll" for boys. It is a stuffed panda baby that coos, cries, and even suckles a bottle. He has been carrying around his baby all afternoon and when the panda fusses or cries he talks so sweetly to it asking what is wrong and saying, "I get bottle!" Nana gave him a kid's digital camera so he can be in on the action and he has had a blast snapping photos of any and every thing in site. The best part is when he takes a picture, looks at the tiny (and I mean TINY) LCD screen and says, "That's perfect!" or "That's cute!"

Thank heaven for baby sisters
There has been some debate as to who our little June Bug looks like and while I originally thought she looked like my baby pictures, I found some pics of Little Man that make me think she is following in his footsteps. Compare the above picture with this one of Little Man at the same age....


I'll see if I can find a better example this weekend.....

5 comments:

AshlieB said...

She is so precious....Happy birthday momma!!!

Alison said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to meet your new little one. Sounds like she has a great big brother :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Meg-she. I hope you're recovering well and that the second C really is easier than the first.

Jex

Zack said...

Congrats Travis and Megan! I am the oldest in my family and love my brother and sisters oh so much! Hopfully I'll get a chance to see you and meet your lovely family!
Madelyn's 1st birthday party was today. Loads of fun! God bless!

Anonymous said...

congratulations. she is beautiful. we are so happy for your little family. now there are TWO little blockheads! (plus ours make FOUR healthy blockheads). I hope we can find an opportunity where we can all see each other soon. Congrats again!