Friday, May 16, 2008

She Is Here!!!

Our sweet baby girl has arrived!
Travis, Little Man and I went to my weekly OB appointment this morning and discovered I had progressed (I am sparing you the details) and that I was having regular, heavy contractions that were about 4 minutes apart. My OB sent me to Labor and Delivery for observation and some drugs to stop the contractions. Seven hours later and about 10 rounds of drugs and my contractions were 2 minutes apart and I was even more dilated.Next thing we knew I was being prepped for the OR! Our sweet baby girl was born at 7:45pm on May 15th weighing in at 6lbs 4 oz and 18.5 inches long. Seeing that she was born nearly 3 weeks after her brother, gestationally, we were really surprised when she had difficulty breathing and apnea episodes. One of the neonatologists was called down for a consult and she was wisked away to the Special Care nursery (no NICU, woohoo!!). Only 15 minutes after I was taken to recovery the nurses called and said that she was over the breathing issues, keeping her temperature well and that I could nurse! I couldn't believe what wonderful news that was (those of you who know Little Man's story know the misery of waiting 12 hours to see your son for the first time). She latched on like a pro (sorry guys) and has been moved to the regular nursery! She can't room in with us tonight because of the problems she had at first but starting tomorrow she is all ours, all day!!


Thanks to all of you who have prayed and interceded on our behalf throughout this pregnancy. We are thrilled to have another healthy, yet early, baby. Big brother got a brief second to view her through the glass before heading to Nana and Pop's house but we are sure looking forward to the two of them meeting tomorrow morning!

10 comments:

Kacy said...

Congrats Blockheads! Praise God for a healthy baby and momma!

AshlieB said...

She is sooo precious! Meagan I think she looks a lot like you did! We can't wait to meet our beautiful neice in only a few hours!! We love you

Jordan, Ashlie and Hunter

Becky said...

Now that is one beautiful baby! I can't wait to hold her!
Nana

Cliff and Tali said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!
--Tali

Hollie Reese said...

WOW! She is precious! I am so glad that everything is okay. Thank you, God! Now I just need to make a trip to see this girl!

Alicia said...

She's beautiful, just beautiful! Congratulations to all of you!
Godspeed.

Robert and Kelli said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
-Tim and Novita

The Morgan Family said...

Wonderful, wonderful news! Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness Megan! You are the most beautiful mommy I have ever seen! Your daughter is absolutely precious, I cannot wait to meet her. Little Man must be SO proud!!

We love you guys, and we are so happy for you - you are so blessed!