Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Look

The past week has been R-O-U-G-H for this mommy. I've been running on anywhere from 1-3 hours of sleep a night thanks to a very fussy night time baby.

Two nights ago when I was several hours past exhaustion, Trav was at the fire station, Little Man was crying in his room for me to come get him and June Bug was inconsolable I thought I was going to lose my mind. I got my act together, put Little Man back in bed, snuggled up June Bug and just as I was about to let the tears flow, I looked down at the baby lying on my chest and saw this look.


It is amazing what a little eye contact can do to soothe a tired momma.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, tired momma! These hard days do pass.

Anonymous said...

been there, babe. but it does go quick. promise.

Anonymous said...

Meg-she,

She is beautiful. I could look at her all day. I hope restful days find you soon.

Jexxa

Jodi said...

I have had many sleepless nights the last couple of months too! And, taking care of two little ones is hard on only a few hours of sleep! I have to remind myself that it won't last forever. Take care and I hope you can get some rest soon!! Your little ones are so precious!!
Jodi